Monday 10 December 2012

Mastermind


A couple of weeks ago my Dad told me that a contestant on BBC TV’s Mastermind answered a round on John Peel’s Festive 50.

Sadly ‘controversial’ 2002 ‘winners’ Saloon did not get a mention,  but after finding it on the BBC iplayer I was glad to see the contestant who did the Peel round was Rachael Neiman and that she went on to win the show.

Mastermind
I seem to remember, that Rachael played Arthur and Martha on her radio show a number of times and I think she may have come to one of our gigs in Leeds. She has been on TV before on University Challenge a few years ago, although her on that occasion her team were beaten by the eventual winners and the inimitable Alex Guttenplan. (My extensive research here comes from the Jewish Chronicle  Anyway, fingers crossed that Rachel wins Mastermind and lands a cushy job on Eggheads or The Chase.

No comments:

Post a Comment